Monday 8 March 2010

Kids movie (1995)

Kids has been controversial. The film includes explicit sexual dialogue, and depicts scenes of date rape, physical violence, drug dealing, theft, seduction of barely post-pubescent minors, and (non-explicit) teenage sexual displays, as well as (apparently) adolescent actors/actresses in near but not quite explicit exposure.


When we were talking about the film kids, I was sitting there thinking what the hell are we going to watch! When the movie was describe to us, it was not a movie that I would watch. I mean the basic outline is about a young boy that like de-flowering young girls.

When the film started, on the screen was a boy and a girl making out. Next thing we know he is trying to de-flower her and it got me thinking. It this what all boys do? Tell the girls a pack of lie just to get laid. As we got more into the film, I started to think. A lot of what was happening in the film happens every day in the UK.

The film had 5 different producation company produce these film and this was so that there was enough money to even make this film. Even with the film receiving mixed reviews on the film it grossed $7.4 million. I like the film and I can understand why it had a hard time. I think if it was released now, it would be easier to produce and it would make more at the box office. The reason for this is because it would not shock people as we have seen worse. I'm sure we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment