Wednesday 3 March 2010

All about bullying

Bullying is something that happens everyday. Its not right and in a lot of cases it just name calling. The problem with name calling is that it can be harmless fun but to the person/ people they are calling, it can have a lasting effects. I remember when I was at school, children were bullied for not having the right kind of clothes, looking different ie being fat etc. I think people bully others becuse something is going wrong in their lives and to deal with their probelms they bully others. They think it makes them look good! There are many different ways to deal with bullying and in extreme cases some children kill themselves. To me I think its really hard to talk to an adult whether its a parent or a teacher. Many children believe that if a teacher is told it will get worse.

Bullying is a form of abuse. It is an act that involves people who are powerful abusing a person of a group of less powerful people. A lot of the time there is an imbalance of either social power or and physcial power. A lot of the time the victim is known as a target. There are three types of abuse emotional, verbal and physical. Bullying can happen at school, in the work place and even in the home.

Here is more information about bullying:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/your_kids/teen_bully.shtml









3 comments:

  1. I agree with what you are saying about bullying people who bully others it may be because they have been bullied themselves or they have problems at home. I also agree with you when you say Bullying is a form of abuse. I remember when i was at school as well used to see kids getting build i would want to say something but i didn’t because i was scared that they might start on me i was lucky that i was never bullied at school i was one of the popular kids but i was afraid that if i told a bully that what they were doing was wrong they would go agents me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you are saying about bullying people who bully others it may be because they have been bullied themselves or they have problems at home. I also agree with you when you say Bullying is a form of abuse. I remember when i was at school as well used to see kids getting build i would want to say something but i didn’t because i was scared that they might start on me i was lucky that i was never bullied at school i was one of the popular kids but i was afraid that if i told a bully that what they were doing was wrong they would go agents me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Emma when she states that a bully usually bully others when there is something going wrong in their own lives. I think that because of their own insecurities this is why they tend to bully others. I also saw similar behaviour from bullies as Emma did at school- bullied because what they wear etc. I think bullying is wrong in any way shape or form. I feel like this personally because one of my best friends committed suicide because off bullying amongst other reasons. I also feel more should be done to help bullies overcome what they are doing mentally, physically and verbally to others. Overall, Emma has gathered some interesting facts about bullying and |I feel she has covered the topic very well indeed.

    ReplyDelete